10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation Ted Talks
Over the past several years we have really lost communication with each other, well at least engaged conversation that is.
I see it in my own family, electronics have taken over.
The 10 ways to have a better conversation are:
- Don’t multi-task. Be fully present.
- Don’t pontificate. Set aside your personal opinions.
- Use open-ended questions.
- Go with the flow. Let your own thoughts come and go.
- If you don’t know, say you don’t know.
- Don’t equate your experience with theirs. It’s not about you.
- Don’t repeat yourself.
- Stay out of the details.
- Listen! Be interested.
- Be brief.
The credit for this information goes to Celeste Headlee, she has awesome information in this short Ted Talks.
My favorite quote from this Ted Talks was:
“A good conversation is like a mini skirt; short enough to retain interest, but long enough to cover the subject.” – Celeste Headlee’s Sister
Hope you enjoyed 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation Ted Talks